Friday, April 20, 2007

Ratatat... again

Someone commented in a previous entry that they didn't like Ratatat when they saw them live. I have to say that Ratatat is the first show in a long time, probably since Jenny Lewis, where I actually felt moved by the music. Yeah, Ted Leo & the Pharmacists are fun but unless he plays "Parallel or Together" or something, I'm not moved.

They played "Cherry" as the last song before the one-song encore. The song never really struck me before, but it does now. They had a projector screen behind them and during this song, it was blue-ish in color with raindrop-like dots spreading all over it. These are probably meaningless descriptions, so check out the video. "Cherry," especially in the last minute and a half, expresses how I feel about the end of this semester. That was really emo, but I'll bring shame to this blog for the sake of honesty.

No comments: