Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hype Machine, the best thing you've never heard of

I've always been a big Hype Machine fan (even purchasing a t-shirt with TMC member Kate), but never before have I actualized its potential. Everyone needs to visit: Hype Machine.

Click "listen" on the first listed track, and you can listen to the day's top-blogged tracks like its commercial free radio. It's economics, (wo)man. You're actually listening to songs with a buzz, not songs ClearChannel is promoting. So get on it. You'll enjoy Hype Machine if you're into discovering mostly new, indie-ish music. I say indie-ish, because hey, Kanye West's "Stronger" is the top-blogged for today... and probably tomorrow. I think I'll make it a daily habit, so I don't fall out of the know. Wait. I'm already out of it.
Edit: There you go, Duncan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're going to hotlink an image on my server please link to my site as well. Otherwise host the image on your own server. Thanks!

This is probably where the image came from:
http://www.thelastminuteblog.com/2006/10/21/hype-machine-mp3-blog-aggregator/

Kate said...

. . . so you regretted telling me, but its perfectly alright if all of our readers know. i see how it is.