Wednesday, January 16, 2008

St. Vincent covers

St. Vincent is no slouch in cover songs. From The Beatles' "Dig A Pony" in London's Black Cab Sessions and to "Yeah! Oh Yeah!" by the Magnetic Fields, she rarely disappoints. I spotted this on You Ain't No Picasso, but decided to re-post here since I enjoyed it so much. "Yeah! Oh Yeah!" is one of Stephen Merritt's 69 Love Songs and until now, has been one I have overlooked. Here's a cover of it from St. Vincent and John Vanderslice from a show at the Echo in LA.


And to renew your love of "Dig A Pony," here's St. Vincent playing fuzzy electric guitar in the back of a cab. I never quite appreciated the guitar work until I saw St. Vincent play it... and until I played it terribly in my room after being inspired by her performance. Enjoy.

No comments: