Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Lover, Please: Laura Marling

I've been coveting Laura Marling for myself. I wanted to tell everyone about her and keep her a secret at the same time, but good things must be shared and Laura Marling is a good thing. She's only 17 (and I am a talentless 20) and she sings poetic and true. Her voice is refined but not overly formal and reminds me of the typical female singer/songwriter but with some more. "Ghosts" is my absolute favorite and has been on repeat for the past week. Check it out, as well as "New Romantic," down below. Luckily for me, she is based in the UK and will be in London in February. New Yorkers check her out in January. I hear she's a bit shy on stage but her performances are not to be missed.

Check out her myspace at http://www.myspace.com/lauramarling.

UPCOMING SHOWS

Jan 14-15: New York, NY at Sidewalk Cafe

Jan 16: Hoboken, NJ at Maxwell's

Jan 17: New York, NY at The Annex

Jan 18: Brooklyn, NY at Union Hall

Feb 1: London, UK at Soho Revue Bar

(See MySpace for further tour dates)

No comments: