Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Smoosh! Another Reason I Feel Old

I'm over the fact that I'm old enough to like bands whose members are younger than me, so I might as well like Smoosh, the indie-pop sister trio whose oldest member is 16. I've had a song or two in my Itunes for a few years now, but recent Smoosh buzz on the blogs (NPR's Bryant Park and Chromewaves) has inspired me to revisit them and post my own praise.

I hadn't heard their cover of Bloc Party's "This Modern Love" but I'm thoroughly impressed. I think I like their girly (in the best way possible of course) indie-pop version to the original.



Also, I hear these girls have Swedish parents? Yet another reason why Scandinavia rocks.

Here's an old favorite and one of their earliest songs "Find a Way" from their 2006 performance on Jimmy Kimmel live. Now that's the way to grow up... playing Jimmy Kimmel at 14 years old.

No comments: