Saturday, August 18, 2007

Rilo Kiley Redeems


"Silver Lining," the second song released from Rilo Kiley's upcoming release Under the Blacklight, has got me smitten. The first song they released, "The Moneymaker," was both shocking and terrifying but "Silver Lining" is redemption. The bass, followed by the handclaps, followed by the cheery guitar chirp. And then Jenny's voice. You had me at "Hello." If I could squeal via blog, I would. It's verses are almost too short, launching and re-launching into the simple yet poignant chorus of hooray's.

"Hooray, hooray / I'm your silver lining / Hooray, hooray / But now I'm gold."

I could speculate on the lyrics but I won't, because hey, that'd be embarrassing. Listen to the entire album streaming on Rilo Kiley's MySpace and more importantly, buy it from a local record store on August 21st.

Download "Silver Lining" by Rilo Kiley.

Pre-order Under the Blacklight here.

No comments: